This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information. All opinions are 100% my own.
We love birthdays in our house! Especially 1st birthdays. I don’t know about you, but I always try my best to put a lot of thought into birthday gifts – whether they are for my own children or someone else. My ultimate hope when purchasing a gift, is that the person receiving the gift will be able to enjoy it for many years. This is especially true when it comes to purchasing toys for little ones. I consistently aim to purchase a toy that the child can “grow into” and will hopefully continue to play with as they grow and develop.
My oldest is getting ready to turn 4 next week (what?!); however, I remember his 1st birthday like it was yesterday. Some of our most favorite and well-loved toys were gifted to us at Noah’s 1st birthday party. And since London just turned 1 this past March, these toys still continue to get lots of use in our house. With the exception of the Princess Cozy Coupe (a gift from Santa when London was 9 months old), we’ve been enjoying all of the toys pictured above for the past 3 years.
- Fisher-Price Little People Fun Sounds Farm – Still a huge favorite in our house, I have loved having this toy to help teach my kids their animal sounds.
- Fisher-Price Little People Little Movers School Bus – We love Little People toys in our house, and this one is no exception. This little bus was one of Noah’s very first “toys with wheels” and it was an instant hit!
- Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe – You can never go wrong with a Cozy Coupe! This is such a classic toy that will be sure to get years of use! Since having a girl, I naturally couldn’t resist picking the princess pink one for her!
- Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube – A great learning toy for young toddlers. We use our shape sorter to practice our shapes and colors. It’s also great for developing fine motor skills.
- Alex Jr. My Busy Town Activity Center – There’s a reason these little cube activity centers are in every doctor’s office waiting room – they are great learning toys for development and can keep your toddler occupied for a decent amount of time!
- Melissa & Doug Farm Wooden Chunky Puzzle – I LOVE Melissa & Doug puzzles! I think we own at least 5 of them. This farm animal puzzle in particular is a great 1st birthday gift, as it can also aid in teaching toddlers their animal sounds while developing hand-eye coordination.
- Step2 Little Helpers Shopping Cart – We don’t have this exact shopping cart, but we do have a similar one. Our toy shopping cart gets lots of use from London pushing her stuffed animals around in it. Noah also continues to use our shopping cart when he plays “grocery store cashier” with Daddy every evening.
- Likes Tikes Fish n Splash Water Table – What toddler doesn’t like splashing in water?! This is a fantastic toy to break out in the spring/summer when you’re looking for a boredom buster.
- Mega Bloks First Builders Big Building Bag – Another classic toy that will grow with your child. Both of my kids still use these blocks every single day!
In addition to these fun toys, books are always a fantastic gift idea. You really can’t go wrong with books! You can check out some of Noah & London’s favorite books in these recent posts: Our Favorite Bedtime Books & Our Favorite Back-to-School Books for Preschoolers.
What are some of your favorite toys for one year olds? Did your little ones have any favorite gifts?!