This post may contain affiliate links. Please see disclosure for more information. All opinions are 100% my own.
My daughter, London, is turning two in March so I have gift ideas on the brain. Since we just celebrated Christmas last month, I have been at a loss of what to get her for her birthday. Lucky for her, we are planning a trip to Disney World to celebrate the occasion so she shouldn’t be too worried about getting shiny new toys to play with. And even better, her older brother has an awesome stash of toddler toys that she can play with throughout the next year. Win, win! Problem solved.
I recently went through and organized said toys in the kids’ playroom, so I thought I would put together a gift guide of our favorite toys for two year olds. As I’ve mentioned in my previous gift guide posts, I consistently aim to purchase toys that my children can “grow into” and will hopefully continue to play with as they grow and develop. The toys I have picked for this gift guide are all favorites in our house and still get LOTS of playtime.
- Fisher Price Little People Sit ‘n Stand Skyway – We have a very similar version of this toy that we bought for Noah when he was 2, and two years later, it still gets tons of use! Even London is a big fan!
- Little Tikes Princess Cozy Coupe – I mentioned the Cozy Coupe in my gift guide for one year olds, but this toy is such a classic, that I included it again. The Cozy Coupe is most definitely worth the splurge, as it is a toy that can be used until your child is 4-5 years old.
- Melissa & Doug Deluxe Pounding Bench Wooden Toy – We are big fans of Melissa & Doug toys, and this one is a classic toy for developing hand-eye coordination. This was another favorite of Noah’s when he was a toddler, and I am actually getting ready to pull this toy out of the closet for London.
- Play-Doh 10-Pack of Colors – Play-doh is always a hit with toddlers, and two is the perfect age to introduce this fun sensory toy to your child. Purchase a pack of inexpensive cookie cutters, and you have the perfect gift.
- LEGO DUPLO Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Birthday Parade – We love Lego Duplo sets in our house! There are so many different sets that are geared specifically for 2-5 year olds and this Mickey Mouse Clubhouse one is perfect for a birthday gift!
- Fisher Price Musical Band Drumset – This one is still a favorite in our house after several years. The kids really enjoy playing their musical instruments and making music together. Okay, what I really mean is that they love banging on the drum and playing the recorder at extremely high pitched levels which sometimes drives me crazy. BUT, they have fun, and that’s really all that matters, right?!
- Little Tikes Fish ‘n Splash Water Table – You can never go wrong with a water table! This is another simple, yet practical toy that you will get years of use out of. Perfect for hot summer days when the pool isn’t an option!
- Step 2 All Around Easel – By two, many toddlers are getting more into coloring and arts & crafts, which makes an art easel a fantastic addition to your toy collection. Most art easels, like this one, are two-sided and even have built-in storage for art supplies. We use our art easel daily!
Looking for gift ideas for a one year old? Check out Our Favorite Toys for One Year Olds.